About SamiK

I'm a Library Director for a small(ish) Texas town with a desire to share my love of books and the library with my community.

Currently, I am working towards my MLS (Master of Library Science) from Texas Woman's University (my alma mater!).

When I'm not treading through a pile a school work and work work, I make precious memories with both my handsome men at home. Whether we are playing with the sand between our toes, making a campfire, or just taking in a movie at home, every moment is unique.



Powered by Blogger.

My Blog Designer

September 27, 2011

Book Review: Matched

Iit has been awhile since my last post (about five months)! Where has the time gone?! Sorry to have left you lonely, but I did not abandon you. As a special treat and to show how much I care I'm going to review Matched by Ally Condie as my return post.




I finished the final eight chapters last night, and although it took me a couple of hours, it wasn't because the book was lacking in any way. Condie wrote this book with such beauty that is no wonder why this trilogy is a hit before the second of the series has been released. I am anxiously awaiting the release of Crossed now.

In a dystopian future, where the Society decides everything from what you eat, where you work, who you marry, to when you die, we are introduced the unlikely of heroines, Cassia. Her life has always gone as the Society has planned, but a revolution inside her begins when she discovers two faces on her Match microcard, her grandfather gives her an illegal poem, and realizes that the Society is not perfect. What happens when she decides she has a choice when the Society says otherwise?

I immediately fell in love with Cassia - she doesn't stand out like most heroines tend to. I was reminded of a mix between the classic 1984 and bestseller Twilight Saga. We have the love story similar to the Bella-Edward-Jacob triangle with the Big Brother dystopian society. The semi-cliffhanger at the end leaves me wanting more (especially since I know there is a sequel) but could have easily been the close of the novel. I am sincerely excited to see what will come of Cassia, Ky, Xander, and the Society and to see the new characters, twists, and surprises that Condie will bring in the following books.

AND I just found out that a movie has been optioned! Hopefully they won't ruin this like the Twilight Saga.

0 comments:

Twitter Email

Rating System

IT WAS AMAZING!!!! You should be at the book store right now buying it! :)
I really liked it. You should def check it out and give it a shot
It was ok. At least read the synopsis on the back.
Eh....It was alright. It's borrow from a friend material.
Leave it on the shelf!!

Followers

Grab My Button


Moonlight Mayem

The Princess of Storyland

Jake Project

2012 Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
Samantha has read 6 books toward her goal of 24 books.
hide