About SamiK

I'm a Library Director for a small(ish) Texas town with a desire to share my love of books and the library with my community.

Currently, I am working towards my MLS (Master of Library Science) from Texas Woman's University (my alma mater!).

When I'm not treading through a pile a school work and work work, I make precious memories with both my handsome men at home. Whether we are playing with the sand between our toes, making a campfire, or just taking in a movie at home, every moment is unique.



Powered by Blogger.

My Blog Designer

February 9, 2012

Review - Lenobia's Vow by P.C. Cast

So I finally finished my review for Flamingnet, so I'm ready to post it here.

Lenobia's Vow by P.C. Cast

In Lenobia’s Vow, readers are welcomed into the back-story of the favorite House of Night professor. Set in France in 1788, at the urging of her mother, Lenobia takes on the role of Cecile, her recently deceased half-sister, to better her life in New Orleans. Fate has a different plan for her, which centers around a mulatto she loves, horses, and the evil Bishop. Lenobia’s plan works until the Bishop recognizes her as the illegitimate child and not Cecile. By the end of the novella, she has been introduced to world of magic and marked as a vampyre.
I must admit, I have not read any of the other House of Night novels, so I did some research before diving into a series midway. The novella is a wonderful stand alone book, but the Casts’ have caught my attention with Lenobia’s story, and I’m ready to get lost in the magic of the House of Night.
Although I started of cautious at the beginning of Chapter One, by the end of it I was completely hooked. Needless to say I finished it in one sitting. To all magic lovers and House of Night fans, read this book!
Definitely a good read, even if you haven't read the rest of the series.

Currently Reading

Cinder by Marissa Meyer
&
Tempest by Julie Cross

I started the Goodreads 2012 Reading Challenge! Here is my widget:


2012 Reading Challenge



2012 Reading Challenge

Samantha has


read 3 books toward her goal of 24 books.


hide









All books I read will be posted here with reviews (of course!) Keep checkng back for more reviews!

0 comments:

Twitter Email

Rating System

IT WAS AMAZING!!!! You should be at the book store right now buying it! :)
I really liked it. You should def check it out and give it a shot
It was ok. At least read the synopsis on the back.
Eh....It was alright. It's borrow from a friend material.
Leave it on the shelf!!

Followers

Grab My Button


Moonlight Mayem

The Princess of Storyland

Jake Project

2012 Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
Samantha has read 6 books toward her goal of 24 books.
hide