About SamiK

I'm a Library Director for a small(ish) Texas town with a desire to share my love of books and the library with my community.

Currently, I am working towards my MLS (Master of Library Science) from Texas Woman's University (my alma mater!).

When I'm not treading through a pile a school work and work work, I make precious memories with both my handsome men at home. Whether we are playing with the sand between our toes, making a campfire, or just taking in a movie at home, every moment is unique.



Powered by Blogger.

My Blog Designer

February 16, 2012
Whew! Today has been unlike any other. I've been busy with Teen Tech Week plans, Texas Teens Read! supplies, and *shhh* planning with author Joy Preble for the Library's Centennial!


Only two weeks left to plan for Teen Tech Week, and I'm nowhere near close to being ready. The scavenger hunt is written out but not typed or posted, events are not set, and I'm overwhelming myself with my want-to-do list. The online scavenger hunt will begin March 1st, so keep an eye out for it.

All my supplies for TTR came in! I've got logs, bookmarks, posters, and certificates all over the place; looks like a tornado went through! Summer is only a few months away, so the delivery reminded me to get into gear!

This year the last TTR program will occur with the Centennial celebration. I don't want to give away too much info just yet, so I'll I'm saying is that Joy Preble is involved! If you have not read her books, I highly suggest them! Look for Dreaming Anastasia and the sequel Haunted in the PBYA section! The final book in the trilogy, Anastasia Forever, is set to be released in August. Also, coming Spring 2013, Joy has another novel being published with SOHO. The company has a Teen Sampler with previews to upcoming releases.

On another note:
I won't normally post reviews on movies unless, well I want to. haha  A couple weeks ago I watched Midnight in Paris starring Owen Wilson and Rachel McAdams. Unsure what to expect, I checked it out even after hearing "it didn't make sense." Although I should have been reading, I popped the disc into the DVD player and relaxed. 90 minutes later and I had another all-time favorite movie!



Why (besides Owen Wilson), well let me tell you how much I LOVE the 1920s! After reading The Great Gatsby, I use to imagine (and yes, even dream; don't judge me!) that I should have been born in the time of the flapper and parties. Oh, I just love the Roaring Twenties!

In the movie, Wilson time-travels (just another theme I love!) back to the 1920s with none other than F. Scott Fitzgerald himself! Oh just borrow, rent, or buy it and you'll know why I just lose myself just thinking about it!

Now, that I'm in my happy place, I will leave you with my CURRENTLY READING section.

Unfortunately, I have not been reading like I should have (wedding plans, you know) so my currents reads are Cinder by Marissa Meyer and Tempest by Julie Cross. New books should be arriving soon, and some of them aren't getting past me! :)

1 comments:

The Princess of Everything said...

Oooh I'm so excited for Teen Tech week! :) And I will definately have to stop in to meet Joy Prebble while she's there. I always seem to miss her events. I've been told by many people that the movie is one I would love! I'm looking forward to watching it. Can't wait for March! So many awesome things going on!!! :)

Twitter Email

Rating System

IT WAS AMAZING!!!! You should be at the book store right now buying it! :)
I really liked it. You should def check it out and give it a shot
It was ok. At least read the synopsis on the back.
Eh....It was alright. It's borrow from a friend material.
Leave it on the shelf!!

Followers

Grab My Button


Moonlight Mayem

The Princess of Storyland

Jake Project

2012 Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
Samantha has read 6 books toward her goal of 24 books.
hide