About SamiK

I'm a Library Director for a small(ish) Texas town with a desire to share my love of books and the library with my community.

Currently, I am working towards my MLS (Master of Library Science) from Texas Woman's University (my alma mater!).

When I'm not treading through a pile a school work and work work, I make precious memories with both my handsome men at home. Whether we are playing with the sand between our toes, making a campfire, or just taking in a movie at home, every moment is unique.



Powered by Blogger.

My Blog Designer

December 5, 2012

I'm baa-aack!

Oh how I've missed you all! It's been so long since I've even looked at my blog that I almost forgot what it looked like. Dang, that's just way too long!

I try not to put too much of my personal information on here, but since I kept posting about the wedding at the beginning of the year, I need to update that information. The reason for my hiatus revolves around my recent divorce. Yes, it was a quick marriage. No, I don't regret it. Sometimes you think you're ready, they're the one, you know everything about them yadayada, when really you just got swept away by the ideals and promises.

Unfortunately, I haven't been reading very much at all, but I have gotten a bit carried away with my current read -- As I Wake by Elizabeth Scott. She has become one of my favorite authors just from the couple books of hers that I have read. Great author, great reads! If you enjoy free verse style writing, then add her to your must-read list.

As for returning to the blogging world, there will be a few changes to how I run Peace, Love, and YA.

1) Probably the biggest change stems from time and pleasure. I will no longer be accepting review requests. Although I found a few authors and books that I loved and became quick favorites, I lost the enjoyment of reading the books I wanted to. So from now on my reviews will be based on books that I check out, buy, trade, etc.
2) I will try to update as frequently as I can, but with current activities I am unable to set a specific posting schedule.

I'm so glad to be back on here :)

0 comments:

Twitter Email

Rating System

IT WAS AMAZING!!!! You should be at the book store right now buying it! :)
I really liked it. You should def check it out and give it a shot
It was ok. At least read the synopsis on the back.
Eh....It was alright. It's borrow from a friend material.
Leave it on the shelf!!

Followers

Grab My Button


Moonlight Mayem

The Princess of Storyland

Jake Project

2012 Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
Samantha has read 6 books toward her goal of 24 books.
hide