About SamiK

I'm a Library Director for a small(ish) Texas town with a desire to share my love of books and the library with my community.

Currently, I am working towards my MLS (Master of Library Science) from Texas Woman's University (my alma mater!).

When I'm not treading through a pile a school work and work work, I make precious memories with both my handsome men at home. Whether we are playing with the sand between our toes, making a campfire, or just taking in a movie at home, every moment is unique.



Powered by Blogger.

My Blog Designer

October 3, 2011

Just Checked Out!

Although I haven't spent the time to finish Out Live Your Life by Max Lucado, I thought it would be good to get my next reads. While I'm waiting for approval of my review at Flamingnet so I can requst a new book to review, I decided to check out some from the library that I have been wanting to read.

Sidenote: I didn't realize when I started working at the library (three years ago) that I wouldn't have as much time to read, but I've found that I do much less reading than when I was in high school. So to get my life in order (with everything from books to lifestyle choices--these are on my personal blog) I have decided to set up monthly resolutions. For September I decided to read more, which I have by the past two reviews within days of eachother.

Back to the point of this post! I just checked out two of the books that have intrigued me through the last few years. After countless recommendations and harrassment to read by my library teens, I picked up Blue Bloods by Melissa de la Cruz; I'm not really into the whole vampire scene (except for Twilight, of course). An adult patron suggested them last week, so I'm going to attempt the series. I also picked up XVI by Julia Carr. This is more my style of book. So I'll probably read this second; that way I'm forced to finish Blue Bloods if I find I don't like it (but the reviews are too positive for me to not).

Looking forward to finishing at least two of my books this week. Reviews will follow!

0 comments:

Twitter Email

Rating System

IT WAS AMAZING!!!! You should be at the book store right now buying it! :)
I really liked it. You should def check it out and give it a shot
It was ok. At least read the synopsis on the back.
Eh....It was alright. It's borrow from a friend material.
Leave it on the shelf!!

Followers

Grab My Button


Moonlight Mayem

The Princess of Storyland

Jake Project

2012 Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
Samantha has read 6 books toward her goal of 24 books.
hide