About SamiK

I'm a Library Director for a small(ish) Texas town with a desire to share my love of books and the library with my community.

Currently, I am working towards my MLS (Master of Library Science) from Texas Woman's University (my alma mater!).

When I'm not treading through a pile a school work and work work, I make precious memories with both my handsome men at home. Whether we are playing with the sand between our toes, making a campfire, or just taking in a movie at home, every moment is unique.



Powered by Blogger.

My Blog Designer

January 3, 2012

Welcome 2012!

I'm happy to see the new year has started with such hustle, bustle, and success!

This entry, I have a special surprise for you - TWO reviews! Plus my resolutions.

I'll start with my resolutions:
1. Read at least 2 books per month (hopefully more)!
2. Read 5 new authors (new to me of course).
3. Blog regularly (weekly or bi-weekly)
for my personal resolutions check out my personal blog.

and now the reviews. One is a 2011 read, and the other is my first book/review of 2012! How exciting!!! Because I'm so anxious that is the one I'll start with :)

XVI by Julie Karr

Goodreads summary:
Every girl gets one.
An XVI tattoo on the wrist--sixteen.


Some girls can't wait to be sixteen, to be legal. Nina is not one of them. Even though she has no choice in the matter, she knows that so long as her life continues as normal, everything will be okay.

Then, with one brutal strike, Nina's normal is shattered; and she discovers that nothing that she believed about her life is true. But there's one boy who can help--and he just may hold the key to her past.

But with the line between attraction and danger as thin as a whisper, one thing is for sure...

For Nina, turning sixteen promises to be anything but sweet

MY THOUGHTS:
I was really torn between giving this a 4 or 5 star review. I ended up going with 4 because of typos; I can't help it, they were blatant. Most poeple wouldn't have even noticed but I did. Now, the book was great! The sequel is a must read for me so I can find out what happens!

Tbh, this book took me longer to read than it should have, but I was so into it! The details were wonderful, and Nina? I love her character! Some parts of the plot are obvious but the unexpected twists make up for these.

Although this has been on my tbr list since it was processed at the library, I was worried it was going to be a disappointment. I should have not been; this is probably one of my new favorites!

I now have two books I'm dying to read!

The Future of Us by Jay Asher & Carolyn Mackler

Goodreads summary:
It's 1996, and Josh and Emma have been neighbors their whole lives. They've been best friends almost as long - at least, up until last November, when Josh did something that changed everything. Things have been weird between them ever since, but when Josh's family gets a free AOL CD in the mail,his mom makes him bring it over so that Emma can install it on her new computer. When they sign on, they're automatically logged onto their Facebook pages. But Facebook hasn't been invented yet. And they're looking at themselves fifteen years in the future.
By refreshing their pages, they learn that making different decisions now will affect the outcome of their lives later. And as they grapple with the ups and downs of what their futures hold, they're forced to confront what they're doing right - and wrong - in the present.

MY THOUGHTS:
welllll....I didn't love it, but I like it alot! The idea behind it was wonderful, but I felt like something was lacking the entire time, but I'm not sure what. It's definitely worth reading tho.

Well that is all for today my loves!

1 comments:

The Princess of Everything said...

I can't wait to read XVI. SOmeone gifted me a copy and I've been dying to tear into it, especially with the sequel coming out. It sounds so good. Can't wait! :)

Twitter Email

Rating System

IT WAS AMAZING!!!! You should be at the book store right now buying it! :)
I really liked it. You should def check it out and give it a shot
It was ok. At least read the synopsis on the back.
Eh....It was alright. It's borrow from a friend material.
Leave it on the shelf!!

Followers

Grab My Button


Moonlight Mayem

The Princess of Storyland

Jake Project

2012 Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
Samantha has read 6 books toward her goal of 24 books.
hide